SITR specialise in the secure collection and disposal of superfluous or outmoded I.T. equipment. We operate a nationwide collection service and we are licensed by the Environment Agency. The license we hold is in accordance with the Government WEEE directive. WEEE stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. As we hold this license, we are permitted to collect, transport and recycle such equipment.
The Government’s WEEE directive, and subsequent legislation, not only governs the collection and transportation, but also, and perhaps more importantly, the method of disposal of this electrical and electronic waste. It goes without saying that SITR, adheres absolutely to every section of the WEEE directive, and guarantees total security for its clients.
The level of service afforded by every client of SITR is paramount in our quest for perfection. This industry demands it!
As we have a huge client base and a nationwide service, no job is too big or too small: No client is too near or too far.
Why use EN15713:2009 – compliant information destruction companies with the wide range of products and services available within the Information Destruction industry, establishing whether a security provider complies to the relevant National and European standards should be an important part of the procurement process for companies of all sizes, to ensure the quality and reliability of the suppliers selected.
What is EN15713:2009? EN15713:2009 is the European standard for the Information Destruction industry, which provides organizations with recommendations for the management and control of collection, transportation, destruction of confidential material and recycling to ensure such material is disposed of securely and safely.
Why is it important to employ EN15713:2009-compliant companies? Putting your data destruction needs in the hands of a company that not only complies to EN15713:2009, but has it incorporated into their quality management system ISO 9001 and is inspected against it, is of critical importance to ensure the reliability of the services and products provided.
• Have demonstrated that their confidential destruction premises are secured and managed in the appropriate way, to avoid contamination or security breaches.
• Have a clear and accurate process in place to ensure all contracts with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors are up to standard.
• Will inform clients wherever sub contractors are used
• Have undergone staff screening and vetting against British Standard BS7858.
• Have in place tested, secure and appropriate processes for the collection, retention and destruction of confidential material.