Monthly Archives: January 2014
Further more, when you choose to have your confidential information shredded on your own site, we offer a flexible approach to enable shredding at a time that suits your busy schedule.
All SITR staff are reliable professionals who have been carefully vetted and DBS checked and provide a fast and efficient service.
We are accredited to ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO27001 for Quality Assurance, Security and the Environment.
All shredded material is certified as recycled with a full audit trail.
SITR is one of the UKs leading document destruction specialists. A British company totally committed to the destruction and removal of sensitive and confidential material, providing a secure On Site Shredding and Off Site shredding service, ensuring maximum protection against potential misuse of company data.
- On-Site Service at your premises.
- Off-Site Service.
- Regular scheduled collections.
- Collections on request.
- Certified weighing system.
- Industrial shredding machines to shred up to 1 tonne per hour.
- Certificate of Destruction supplied compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- National service.
- Choice of containment.
- Lockable secure cabinets.
- Complete peace of mind that all data is shredded on site.
- Certificate of destruction issued on site.
- Requirement to security vet personnel in accordance with British Standard 7858: 2006+A2 2009.
- Team of operatives wearing identification badges.
- Registered under the Data protection Act 1998.
- An independent UK company.
- Security sacks and ties delivered free of charge.
- Lockable security cabinets supplied to regular customers.
- Large or small quantities welcomed.
- ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 accredited for Quality Assurance, Environmental Management and Security Management Systems approved by ISOQAR (UKAS accredited).
SITR offer a competitive pricing structure, based on either time (per minute) or weight (per kg) depending on which is most suitable for each individual customers needs.
For larger less frequent clearances we can also offer a fixed price per day or half day. Alternatively should the job require longer we can offer a one off fixed price for full completion of the shred.
THE ENVIRONMENT AGENCY – Disposing of redundant computer equipment is a serious business and to legally transport and recycle this WEEE waste you must be licensed by the Environment Agency. Any IT recycling company that offers this service must hold a Waste Carriers Licence and a Waste Management Licence. Once registered with the E.A. holders are audited on a regular basis to ensure they conform to the strict guidelines of their permit.
WEEE & BARRT – All WEEE waste should be recycled in accordance with Guidance on Best Available Treatment, Recovery and Recycling Techniques (BATRRT) and treatment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).WEEE BATRRT Guidance
WASTE TRANSFER & HAZARDOUS WASTE TRANSFER – Movement of WEEE waste must be accompanied by a Waste Transfer Note and if in the case of Lead Acid Batteries and Cathode Ray Monitor a Hazardous Waste Transfer Note*. In association with the HWTN the producer must register with the E.A.** These documents must detail all the information shown in these examples.
*this is only required if you produce over 500kg per annum – equivalent to approx 30 CRT monitors.*
**If you require registration SITR can offer this as part of our collection service.**
DATA PROTECTION & REMOVAL – Under the Data Protection Act 1998 any business processing personal data must comply with the Eight enforceable principles of good practice. When Disposing of redundant IT equipment it is important to ensure all personal records will be deleted. In addition there may be other sensitive information stored such as access codes, financial details and photographs.
It is our responsibility to ensure the removal of all Data, Software and configuration info from your system and we guarantee this will be completed in every case. If required we can supply a full audit trail of the process.
CERTIFICATE OF DISPOSAL – You are strongly recommended to only dispose of IT and communications equipment via an external agency specifically authorised and registered to dispose of such waste.
You must be satisfied that the agency has fulfilled its obligations on occasions when waste IT and communications equipment is disposed of.
Ensuring that the agency is fulfilling legal and other obligations in respect of the law may be achieved via the disposal contract agreed by you and the agency. It may also be achieved by the agency sending your company an ‘End of Life’ certificate for each item disposed of.Certificate of Destruction and Waste Transfer Note
This would detail how an item has been processed during disposal. Such items could be referenced within the audit trail for disposal. Energy, The Environment and SITR
SITR is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the Environment.
As a licensed WEEE Treatment Facility we work closely with the Environment Agency in minimising the impact that collected waste has on the Environment. We follow closely (BATRRT) Best Available Treatment Recovery and Recycling Techniques and treatment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
The key points of our strategy are:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
• Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
• Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
As a company we are committed to constantly review and implement working procedures to:
• Conserve raw materials.
• Reduce pollution.
• Save energy.
As a company we ensure where possible:
• Bought-in paper is of a recycled content.
• We operate recycling of all paper waste.
• We operate recycling of all card, cans and plastic waste.
• Our office cleaners use green cleaning products.
• All printers and computer settings are pre-set to black print as default.
• All screens are switched off at night.
• All lights are switched off at night.
• All ink cartridges are recycled.
SITR is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the Environment and has achieved the ISO 14001 Environmental accreditation.
“Do your bit to protect the environment for future generations”
IT & COMPUTER EQUIPMENT DISPOSAL – All computer equipment is classed as WEEE waste must be recycled closely following Best Available Treatment Recovery and Recycling Techniques (BATRRT) and treatment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).WEEE BATRRT Guidance
DATA PROTECTION – Under the Data Protection Act 1998 any business processing personal data must comply with the
Eight enforceable principles of good practice. When disposing of redundant IT equipment it is important to ensure all personal records will be deleted. In addition there may be other sensitive information stored such as access codes, financial details and photographs.
HAZARDOUS WASTE – Certain items requiring disposal are classed as hazardous waste and must be collected, transported and treated in accordance with Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Examples of these items are CRT Monitors and Lead Acid batteries. As a producer of hazardous you must register with the Environment Agency as a producer of this waste.*
Your Producer code will be used to complete a Hazardous Waste Transfer Note detailing all Hazardous waste collected. This document will be used by the site that treats the waste to file quarterly returns on your behalf.
*This is only required if you produce over 500kg per annum – equivalent to approx 30 CRT monitors.
If you require registration SITR can offer this as part of our collection service.
DOCUMENTATION – Your recycling company must supply you with copies of a Waste Transfer Note and Hazardous Waste Transfer Note for each collection made. In addition a Certificate of Disposal is also recommended detailing the collection, transfer of your items. These documents show that your have fulfilled your duty of care when disposing of your redundant IT equipment.
THE ENVIRONMENT – With increasing awareness of the impact our lives are having on the environment it is your responsibility to dispose of redundant equipment in the most eco-friendly way possible.
YOU REQUIREMENTS – Call our team on 0800 037 7777 for help and advice or fill in our online request form and we will provide you with a detailed quotation for our services such as IT recycling, WEEE disposal, Laptop recycling and more. . We offer a bespoke service and are confident we can tailor our services to meet your requirements.
THE COLLECTION – The collection will be made on the day and if required time of your choice using one of our vehicles and operated by a member of the Secure I.T. team. Our staff will if required remove the items in situ and can perform onsite destruction services. Secure I.T. operates a fleet of vehicles ranging from hi-top box vans, 7.5t trucks with onboard shredding facility to 24t trucks.
OUR OPERATIVES – All our operatives wear a company uniform and are security vetted as part of our ongoing ISO 9001 audits. Asset Registration If required we can provide an audit trail of items collected, transported and disposed of. Part of this service log’s destruction of data held on hard drives etc and provide an exception report of cd’s, floppy disc etc found with the items. Our Waste Management Site Our waste collection and processing site is licenced by the Environment Agency(EAWML 100020) for the disposal of WEEE waste and we are closely monitored by the agency to ensure we follow the strict guidelines laid down by law.
DISPOSAL OF EQUIPMENT – All equipment is recycled closely following Best Available Treatment Recovery and Recycling Techniques (BATRRT) and treatment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). Depending on customer request SITR will recycle or re-sell the items we collect from your site but we don’t simply send the items on to a 3rd party for recycling.
IMPORTANT – All redundant equipment will be broken down into following waste streams onsite:
Metals – Aluminium, Steel, Copper etc
There are only a few recycling companies that can make this claim and we are confidently able to say that less than 2% of all your redundant equipment will go to landfill!
DATA DESTRUCTION – SITR Guarantees the destruction of all data held on any device collected. OnSite / OffSite shredding, Degaussing and Data Erasing Software completed to CESG destruction standards ensuring complete peace of mind.
OUR SECURITY – SITR is committed to the collection and disposal of redundant IT equipment in a secure fashion ensuring the risk of compromise is minimised.
The key points of our strategy are:
• Collection of items using our own security vetted staff.
• Collection of items using secure vehicles.
• Collection of Data Devices in secure containers.*
• Items are supervised or secure until loading is complete.
• Certificate of destruction issued.
• Asset Collection List signed of by customer.*
• Asset Collection List received verification.*
• Asset List items received and audit of data destruction.*
• Data destruction – all data carrying devices wiped or destroyed.
• Data wipe to HMG Infosec Standard 5 [CESG].*
* optional services
At Our Waste Management Facility
Unit 3, Cotton Farm, Middlewich Rd, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire CW4 7ET
The following is recorded:
• Protected by 24hr online alarm.
• Protected by 24hr recorded & online CCTV.
• Onsite records of all staff present.
• Visitors Diary.
• Visitors supervised at all times.
• Goods In area supervised at all times.
• Site Managers daily inspection and report.
SITR are a fully accredited and compliant to the ISO 27001 standard